Spring til hovedindhold


Temporary border control from Sweden to Denmark

Find out, which travel documents you will need to bring, due to the temporary border control, when travelling from Sweden to Denmark.

Nordic citizens

Due to the Nordic passport union, Nordic citizens are not required to bring a passport, when entering Denmark from Sweden. However, upon being checked at the border you must be able to identify yourself as a Nordic citizen. Only passports and national ID cards contain information about citizenship.


We therefore recommend, that Nordic citizens bring one of the following documents:


  • Passport
  • National ID card with photo
  • Driver's license

Nordic citizens under the age of 18 are exempt from the requirement of independent identification, if they travel with a parent/guardian, who is also a Nordic citizen, and who can identify himself as stated above.


For Nordic citizens under the age of 18 travelling without a parent/guardian, the same rules apply as for adults, according to which the child must be able to identify himself as a Nordic citizen. We therefore recommend, that the child bring a passport.


EU/EEA citizens (including children under 18)

  • Passport
  • National ID card approved as travel identification


Third-country citizens (including children under 18)

  • Passport, including visa or residence permit for the Schengen area if required.
Decline cookies