Spring til hovedindhold


Certificate of criminal record

If you are staying or have previously stayed in Denmark, you can request an international certificate of criminal record.

If you have no criminal record in Denmark, we will issue the certificate in English, German, French and Spanish. If you do have previous convictions or entries, we can only issue your certificate of criminal record in Danish.


In order for us to issue the certificate, we need:


  • Written and signed consent
  • A photocopy of your valid passport
  • A postal address we can send the certificate to


Please email all documents to mvjyl-pac-kr@politi.dk.


The handling time is approximately eight working days plus the time it takes for the letter to reach its destination via regular postal service. Due to Danish Law, we are not able to send your certificate of criminal record by email.


The issuance of a certificate of criminal record is free of charge.


If you have MitID you can request a certificate of criminal record online (note that the form is in Danish):

Experiencing technical issues?

If you experience any technical issues, when digitally signing or digitally consenting, the reason could be your web browser. We suggest either changing your internet browser or clearing your search history as well as cookies and data cache.